Eight teams will compete for $ 100,000 in the 2021 Global New Venture Challenge
The Polsky Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation is pleased to announce the eight teams selected to participate in the final of the Global New Venture Challenge (GNVC), a startup competition for students enrolled in the Chicago Booth Executive MBA program.
The GNVC, now in its 14e year, operates at Booth’s three campuses – Chicago, London and Hong Kong – each of which hosts a semi-final before the World Finals. The finalist teams will compete for a part of a $ 100,000 investment pool in a virtual business plan competition to be held on June 10th.
Nineteen teams have been accepted into this year’s GNVC, which includes an intensive week of classes and one-on-one coaching sessions with mentors from around the world ahead of the regional semi-finals. The course is taught by Waverly Deutsch, Clinical Professor of Entrepreneurship at Booth and Director of the University of Chicago’s Global Entrepreneur Network at the Polsky Center.
The eight teams that qualify for the GNVC final are:
- Go forward // Driving Forward is a nonprofit organization that helps underfunded undergraduates prepare for rewarding careers by offering internships focused on professional development and mentoring.
- HeartScreen // Heartscreen is a subscription-based telemedicine platform that turns a smartphone into a digital stethoscope that acquires heart sounds in real time.
- Pillars // Pillars is a technology-driven investment platform to manage the wealth and investments of Muslims, enabling them to save for their future in accordance with their beliefs.
Hong Kong campus:
- Match point // Match Point is a comprehensive SaaS solution to help food and beverage retailers maximize operating margins through the use of dynamic menu prices and the elimination of menu costs.
- Seraphim Gaming Technologies // Seraphim Gaming Technologies is a technology provider of secure playing cards, card sabot devices and casino table game analytics in Asia.
- Dar // Dar offers a modular housing product that offers affordability, durability and short delivery times. The product aims to respond to the housing crisis facing the middle class in Saudi Arabia.
- ReconBio //ReconBio is a drug-device combination platform that enables on-demand drug delivery and recovery, creating value by improving patient outcomes and reducing healthcare costs.
- Tendency // Tendenza is a women’s clothing retail chain that sells premium quality second-hand imported clothing.
The GNVC is one of the five tracks of the New Venture Challenge, which this year marks its 25e anniversary. This is a condensed version of the program’s traditional track, the Edward L. Kaplan, 71, New Venture Challenge, which is aimed at MBA Booths and other UChicago graduate students and spans the college year.
Register here to attend the GNVC final, which is free and open to the public. Learn more about GNVC here.