Man Utd transfer summary: Newcastle ‘ready to launch’ Jesse Lingard offer for January deal
Jesse Lingard could be set to finally leave Manchester United as Newcastle prepare an offer to sign the England international in January
The January transfer window is less than a month away and Manchester United is indeed involved in the rumor.
Ralf Rangnick has taken his place in the Old Trafford hot seat as interim manager and will likely consider winter affairs to complement an already talented squad.
The Red Devils remain in contention for two cup competitions and will pursue a top-four ranking in the Premier League, but it may not just be entrants.
Once Rangnick uses the hectic holiday season to assess the squad, United could move the host of a number of unwanted stars and deals are reportedly already under discussion.
Here, Football Mirror collects the latest Old Trafford gossip.
Join the debate! Who is expected to sign Man Utd in January? Comment your choice below.
Newcastle ‘ready to launch’ Lingard offer
Newcastle are set to make an offer to sign Jesse Lingard and have made the England international their priority for the January window.
The temperature report that talks between the Magpies and Lingard representatives have already taken place, even going so far as to offer the midfielder a lucrative salary.
The 28-year-old has a four-and-a-half-year contract on the table that is said to exceed £ 100,000 a week.
Lingard was reported to have rejected a move to West Ham United this summer, having spent the second half of last season at the London Stadium, where he scored nine goals in 16 games.
But after Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hesitates to use that tenure and with his contract expiring in June, he looks set to go as soon as possible.
Red Devils get a boost for Dembele
Barcelona winger Ousmane Dembele has been a long-time target for United, and now the Old Trafford bosses have reportedly received a boost in their hopes of signing the 24-year-old.
spanish newspaper Mundo Deportivo say Dembele is “reluctant” to make a new contract at Camp Nou, having been in Catalonia for more than four years.
The former Borussia Dortmund star’s current deal also expires next summer, but the Blaugrana are reportedly keen to recoup some of the £ 135.5million they paid for Dembele in 2017.
The Red Devils have consistently been linked with interest in the Frenchman, but a move seems unlikely given the abundance of attacking options Rangnick has available.
Have your say! How should Man Utd line up against Crystal Palace? Choose your team below.
Dalot “the most concrete option” for the Roma
Diogo Dalot could follow Lingard through the exit door in January, with Roma keen to sign the defender.
La Gazzetta dello Sport said Giallorossi technical director Tiago Pinto had been working on the January agreements “for weeks”.
Dalot is called the “most concrete option” for Roma, having spent last season on loan with AC Milan.
But what makes the move viable is that Jose Mourinho was the man to sign the Portugal international at Old Trafford in 2018.
Dalot has had a few rough years at Manchester since, but the 22-year-old impressed in United’s 3-2 win over Arsenal on Wednesday and Rangnick may have liked what he saw.