MWC Barcelona: A behind-the-scenes look at the numbers

0

You may have seen my last post and all the great things we (Cisco) had at MWC Barcelona. In case you haven’t, here’s the link.

For those unfamiliar with MWC Barcelona, ​​it is the world’s largest wireless trade show held at one of Europe’s largest venues, the Fira de Barcelona Gran Via Venue in Spain.

As mentioned in my previous article, the MWC Barcelona network is built on Cisco wired and wireless solutions. For the event, he used Cisco DNA Center’s AI/ML engine to optimize connectivity, power consumption, and data throughput. Additionally, Cisco DNA Spaces was used for location analysis and environmental data as part of the show’s health and safety plan. Finally, WBA OpenRoaming helped customers and providers connect seamlessly and securely to the wireless network, automatically authenticating them through a number of identity providers.

That’s all good, but let’s take a look at some of the numbers and results:

Scale and scope

MWC Barcelona welcomed over 61,000 attendees this year! Live Events are back in full force!

Cisco Catalyst’s Wi-Fi, switching, and WAN network provided connectivity throughout the show

  • Over 100,000 OpenRoaming authentications, 38,000 peaks per day

  • 80% of OpenRoaming identities came from service providers. The remaining 20% ​​came from other identities, including Samsung Galaxy and Google Pixel devices that natively authenticate to OpenRoaming networks

  • Cisco DNA Spaces provided location and environmental data that was used as part of the show’s health and safety program. With this year’s success, Fira will begin exploring next-generation applications such as location-based services and push notifications from events as well as vendors.

  • Cisco Wi-Fi 6E on the stand provided gigabit, top-to-bottom connectivity. Demonstration using Samsung Galaxy devices

  • Cisco Catalyst 9000 POE switches have delivered gigabit data speeds and 90 watts of power per port to thousands of networked devices.

Next-gen connectivity

  • AI Enhanced RRM completely eliminated co-channel interference, 100%. Even on 2.4 GHz channels.

  • DNA Center Wireless 3D Analyzer enabled IT to uniquely visualize Wi-Fi gaps and proactively resolve them to deliver consistent experiences

  • Device analytics provided connection details from various devices to support troubleshooting and provide better experiences.

  • Umbrella Security protected the network and endpoints against potential threats

Demo in the Cisco NOC

  • Demonstration of Cisco Catalyst and Meraki Access Point with ConvergeX Ultra-Wideband Location Tracking using Samsung Galaxy phones and ConvergeX Beacons can track thousands of devices simultaneously

  • SLA-based Wi-Fi with Intel has demonstrated the ability to drive a new generation of low-latency applications for industrial, healthcare, and manufacturing use cases

See how Cisco Wi-Fi can drive your network

Additional Resources

Find out how DNA Spaces can help you with your health and safety plans

Explore Cisco Catalyst Switches

See how Cisco DNA Center simplifies your network operation

To share:

Warning

Cisco Systems Inc. published this content on March 31, 2022 and is solely responsible for the information contained therein. Distributed by Public, unedited and unmodified, on Mar 31, 2022 4:35:08 PM UTC.

Share.

About Author

Comments are closed.