The main players in the online gaming sector in Spain met on Tuesday evening at the VII edition of the Jdigital Awardsorganized by the Spanish Association of Digital Gaming and organized within the framework of the SBC Barcelona Summit fair, at Terraza Miramar.
Jorge Hinojosa, CEO of Jdigitalsaid: “It fills us with joy to meet again, two years after our previous edition, give the most influential people and entities in our industry the recognition they deserve, especially in the current situation.”
“It is very important for us to continue to organize these events, which allow us to continue promote a safe and responsible gaming culture and to underline the commitment and the constant efforts of the sector in this direction,” he added, according to a press release.
The organizers of the event pointed out that, in this year’s edition, the Jdigital Awards were divided into 10 categories, the winners of which were chosen by a jury of three specialists. The winners were:
- Best Marketing Campaign/Online Advertising/TV Commercial: LUCKIEfor “its ‘Everyday Bets’ campaign, for the mix of originality and education they promoted regarding how the industry works.”
- Best Affiliate Websites/Betting/Poker Information: APUESTAS HOUSES“for his continuous work to provide the quantity and quality of customers and players to online betting and gaming operators in Spain.”
- Best specialized media: DEL JUEGO SECTORfor his “outstanding activity in his various communication channels, being consistent and honest in the dissemination of news and always in favor of improving the public image of the industry”.
- Best initiative for the promotion of gaming activity: SPANISH CELEBRITIES by MGA“to be a product that has bet heavily on Spanish numbers and a ‘bar machine’ aesthetic. In a market strongly influenced by international game producers, the company has managed to have a solid and differential, as evidenced by the deployment of this product among all national operators.
- Best Service Provider: CUATRE CASAS“for her work in the Commercial Communications RD appeal outcome and impact.”
- Best Technology Provider/Platform: OPTIMOVEfor “the effort to evolve and include market-appropriate improvements, such as artificial intelligence, while helping to improve the profitability of its customers”.
- Best product: GNOMOS, from MGA, “for his contribution to the revitalization and innovation of the industry with the development of numerous products.”
- Best Responsible Gambling Initiative: FEJAR“for his ability to engage with and work with the industry to promote responsible attitudes towards online gaming.”
- Outstanding figure in the industry: CRISTINA GARCIA“for his long career and his commitment to improving conditions in the industry and, in particular, to improving the social perception of the industry through the FES project.”
- Best operator in the Spanish market: LUCKIE, “for its attractive website design, wide range of games and sportsbooks, and attentive customer service.”
The organizers of the event pointed out that the The Jdigital Awards were sponsored by MGA and PayPal. In addition, Casino.es, Codere, Luckia, Sportium, and Triple Cherry participated as collaborators.
Furthermore, the organizers stated that “since its first edition in 2014, the Jdigital Awards -known until now as the eGaming Awards- represented a must-attend event for the online gambling industry in the countrywhere the best companies, initiatives, personalities and media come together to receive the iconic golden duck that reflects the playfulness of the sector.”
Finally, they pointed out that the awards gala, presented by the communicator and comedian Enric Company, was in the presence of Kissy Chandiramani, Councilor for Finance, Economy and Public Service of the Autonomous City of Ceuta. This jurisdiction, underline the organizers, “consolidates its position as the hub of online gambling in Southern Europe”.
It should be noted that the current edition of The SBC Summit Barcelona 2022 started on Wednesday and will continue until September 22 at the Fira de Montjuïc exhibition center, located in Barcelona.