Power Moves: Shruti Joshi was one of the early investors in Facet Wealth. Now she is the COO of the Baltimore Company
Power movements is a column where we chart the whereabouts of talent in the region, and other people-focused updates. Do you have a new hire, a new position or a promotion? Tell us: [email protected]
1. Facet Wealth has recruited Shruti Joshi as COO
Fintech based in Baltimore Wealth facet recently hired Shruti Joshi as chief operating officer.
Joshi previously held an executive position at a telecommunications company Verizon, where she was responsible for customer acquisition and bringing FiOS to market. It was also associated with the capital of Altman Vilandrie & Company, a global strategy consulting firm focused on telecommunications, media and technology. A former consumer tech entrepreneur, Joshi founded Obligatory, a peer-to-peer recommendation sharing service. In addition, she was an early advisor and investor at Facet Wealth itself.
“From day one, we’ve focused on delivering a world-class financial planning experience to people traditional businesses ignore, and Shruti has a proven track record of accelerating growth and architecting the best customer experiences.” , said Anders Jones, co-founder and CEO of Facet Wealth. “We are delighted to bring Shruti on board to build on the infrastructure and growth she has already led.”
Facet Wealth uses technology services to bring personal financial planning to the “better off,” who are people with net worth of $ 100,000 to $ 1 million. Founded in 2016, the company is firmly established as a growth company based in Baltimore,
The company also recently hired Liz Shader, who is a long time associate of Joshi, as Director of Growth Marketing.
2. Dr Deborah Birx has joined the Advisory Board of Real Time Medical Systems, based in Linthicum Heights.
Dr Deborah Birx, who served as White House coronavirus coordinator under Trump administration appointed to Real-time medical systems ” Board of Directors. The healthcare intervention analytics solutions company plans to leverage Dr. Birx’s expertise to address vulnerabilities in nursing facilities across the country regarding the pandemic response and emerging variants.
“We look forward to leveraging his significant expertise to improve real-time infection prevention and control capabilities and help healthcare facilities across the country and their healthcare partners detect communicable diseases earlier to minimize outbreaks. “, said Dr. Scott rifkin, executive chairman of Real-time medical systems, in a report.
The idea is to improve the analysis of data from coronavirus patients so that trends can be identified in real time and solutions can be found.
“At the end of the day, it’s not enough to just collect information; rather, it is imperative to capture live data, analyze it and use it, ”said Dr Birx. “The more knowledge nurses, hospitals and payers have, the more proactive and collaborative we can all be to improve patient outcomes. “
3. Think Systems has done a series of leadership promotions.
Baltimore-based technology and operations consulting firm Think said he recently promoted several executives. They are as follows:
- Bryan wolbert was appointed president of government services.
- Joe poling was promoted to President of Commercial Services.
- Dan Kuffer has been promoted to Senior Vice President of Shared Services.
- Jeff Welch has been appointed Senior Vice President of Strategy.
“The four people are talented, forward thinking and innovative. They form the basis of our business, which has achieved significant milestones over the past 12 months as it continues on a path of strong growth, ”said Tony Gruebl, Founder and CEO of Think Systems Inc.
The company has increased its customer sales base by 360 percent and aims to quadruple its size by 2025, according to the press release.
Matt Gillis has joined the 33Across Board of Directors.
Matt gillis joined the board of directors of New York-based adtech 33through. Gillis will help advise the programmatic publisher platform on growth strategies across display, mobile, apps and connected TV.
Gillis brings his leadership experience in delivering meaningful technology adoption with Baltimore-based technology companies such as Millennium Media, which was acquired by AOL / Verizon and clean.io.
“Matt’s excellent track record with publishers throughout his career will be a vital resource for 33Across as we continue our mission to help publishers navigate the ever-changing landscape of cookie-less, monetization and marketing. ‘addressability’, said Eric Wheeler, CEO and co-founder of 33through.
Nicole snell was appointed deputy director of enterprises for John hopkins startup incubator Fast forward. This is a promotion after two years as Alliance Manager for Investment Partnerships and Translational Funding.
Snell will lead efforts to provide advice to companies in their search for financing. She is stepping into the role after the Hopkins affiliates collectively raise more than $ 1 billion in funding in fiscal 2021.
“I want to maintain the momentum that has been created and see continued growth,” said Snell, by Johns Hopkins Tech Ventures‘ announcement. “What I’m trying to do is understand what the company is looking for and what we have that aligns within the university and make those connections, as well as support the startups that are more established in their fundraising efforts. “
His background at Johns Hopkins, coupled with his Ph.D. in Molecular Medicine, allows him to speak both on the business and research side of a company, a particular advantage in advising companies run by professors from the university.
“The corporate role is a natural progression where Nicole’s in-depth knowledge of Johns Hopkins University technology and faculty members enables her to build timely relationships tailored to specific investor interests,” said Brian Stansky, Senior Director of FastForward.
Michael Geathers joined Early Charm as an Office Operations Assistant.
Pigtown based corporate studio Early charm hiring Michael geathers as an office operations assistant. The Baltimore native joins the exponentially growing Early Charm.
“As our business becomes more and more complex, we are happy to have Michael on our team to help us run as efficiently as possible so that we can accelerate our revenue and growth,” said Ken malone, senior executive of Early Charm, in a press release.
The World Trade Center Institute has named its 2021 Bowe Fellows.
The seventh cohort of Bowe Fellows by participating in the World Trade Center Institute, based in Inner Harbor Emerge and develop Global Executives Program (EDGE) had been named. The program brings together 25 of Maryland’s top executives, chosen to build the cross-cultural skills they need to drive international business success in Baltimore and the rest of Maryland.
“Through the EDGE program, we will bring together this diverse group of emerging and globally-minded leaders to both support the growth of their individual careers and contribute to greater success and growth for their businesses,” said Susan aplin, co-CEO, WTCI, in a statement.
The 25 executives are:
- Abhijeet Bhutra, Senior Investment Advisor and Institutional Asset Management of PNC Bank
- Amaia Montoya, Research & Development Director of WR Grace
- Andrew Steele, Vice-president for the development of Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service
- Bill norris, Director of RSM United States
- Brooke Gary, sales manager for carriers TESSCO Technologies
- Daren Krayenvenger, Senior Product Manager of Middle River Aerostructure Systems
- David Newsome, Marketing Director, Microbiology BD Integrated Diagnostic Solutions
- Derek trott, Director, Channel Operations of Americas & India, Prometric
- Erin McAninch, Director, Financial Planning and Analysis PANDORA
- Felicia Pullam, regional director of Maryland Department of Commerce
- Jeremy Riddle, general manager of BalTerm
- Jon Ferko, Director, Strategy / Mission Solutions Northrop Grumman
- Lanre Williams-Ayedun, Senior Program Advisor Jhpiego
- Lauren Smith, Integrated Marketing Manager T. Rowe Price Associates
- Michael Shearer, Global Sales Manager, Digital Business Aviation Solutions Collins Aerospace
- Philippe Robertson, Global Purchasing Manager McCormick and company
- Rebecca Sinel, Program Manager, SHapiro negotiation institute
- Ryan Farrell, Director of Commercial Operations, Lumina Solar
- Samantha wingrove, Chief of Staff and Global Client Experience, Stanley Black & Decker
- Sarah Kozyne, Project manager / Associate of Abt Associates
- Sathya Elumalai, Chief Executive Officer, Aidar Health
- Scott Johnson, Vice President of Human Resources for the Americas, PANDORA
- Sergei Hayrapetyan, Director of the Risks and Compliance Unit, Catholic Relief
- Shannon Chapelière, Director, Business Operations, Analytics and Reporting for the Americas, Under protection
- Tracy Pugh, Senior Marketing Manager of Emerging BioSolutions
Donte Kirby is a 2020-2022 corps member of Report for America, an initiative of the Groundtruth Project that pairs young journalists with local newsrooms. This position is supported by the Robert W. Deutsch Foundation. -30-